- Blood pressure medicine is used by almost all of us every day. We cannot ignore it. But some of the blood pressure medicines have various side effects.
- Some of them are associated with various sexual disorders including ED or erectile dysfunction (ED) and importance. So before taking these types of drugs you should remember the factor.
- All medicines are not the same; there are a couple of blood pressure medications that are known as antihypertensive, may lead to ED. As estimated, more than 70% of male have experienced the side effects from these types of blood pressure medicine and they decided to stop taking.
- Although many high blood pressure medications have been linked to erectile dysfunction, not all of them have the same effects.
- Some drug problems are much less than others. Even high blood pressure medications can improve the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Blood pressure medicine like diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide) and beta-blockers (Atenolol) can create an erection during sexual intercourse.
- These are the first drug or A-line treatments for high blood pressure that most doctors like to prescribe their patients.
- It is really the perfect idea and important to lower high blood pressure through diet and exercise.
- According to the research that blood pressure medicines mostly affect men psychologically than physically.
- If someone experiencing ED some days after taking the new blood sugar medicines, it can create stress and anxiety about this health disorder than medicine.
- It triggers health problems. Many health-conscious men behave abnormally due to the stress and depression of ED. You Can also use Kamagra kgr 100mg, Kamagra Oral Jelly Review, etc.
Sexual side effects of medications for high blood pressure
Some of the high blood pressure drugs are associated with erectile dysfunction; it encourages the human body to ED. These medicines may affect sexual ability and create ED very frequently.
- Water pills (diuretics): Diuretics, also known as Water pills is considered the best drug for High Blood Pressure. But its side effect is, it can decrease blood flow in the sex organ of men including the penis. Not only that, but it also decreases the zinc level, which is considered as the leading cause of the increasing sex hormone in the body.
- Beta-blockers: This drug is recommended to use mainly older generation. According to the research, it highly responsible to create sexual dysfunction and erectile dysfunction
Harvard Special Health Report and European Heart Journal report state that a man diagnosed with the blood sugar, he has no ED, started the treatment of blood sugar with the beta-blocker Atenolol (Tenormin). A few days later, Symptoms of ED or other sexual disorders tend to be more pronounced. Some study states that one-third of men using this blood sugar medicine are affected by erectile dysfunction. Though this drug reduces high blood pressure it can create erectile dysfunction.
High Blood Pressure Drugs that cannot Cause ED
Some of the high blood pressure medicines very rarely create erectile dysfunction. These are
- ACE inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers
- ACE inhibitors drugs including Lotensin, Capoten, Prinivil, Zestril can be used for various causes like widening blood vessels, increase blood flow, etc. with this drug, a very small percent of men have experienced Erectile dysfunction.
- There are some drugs, known as Calcium channel blockers; these are Diltiazem, Amlodipine, or Verapamil. They very rarely cause erectile dysfunction.
- One study about the medicine name Cozaar is actually an ARB states that 7% of men felt sexually satisfied overall. After 12 weeks of using Cozaar, about 58% have become sexually satisfied.
How are erectile dysfunction drugs related to high blood pressure?
- Men with ED have to consider drugs for treating their health condition. you need to discuss with your physician about the drugs, including ED if you have any other problems.
- Erectile dysfunction medicine, including sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn), are usually considered safe the men with high blood pressure. So they can take it.
- The medicines for ED do not recommend for those men who have a severe cardiovascular disease with high blood pressure, difficulties with urination, or lower urinary tract problems.
- Never take erectile dysfunction medicine if you are nitrates users because these drugs are generally used for treating chest pain.
- Despite being a nitrate medicine user, if you take ED drugs, your blood pressure can cause a huge drop, and it can take a very serious form later.
Improve your lifestyle
You should remember that living a healthy and balanced lifestyle can reduce your high blood pressure and improve your sex life.
- A balanced diet and healthy food
- Quitting smoking or using tobacco.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- lower salt amount in your food
- Get a regular workout.
- Lose excessive weight.
It is true that a healthy and fit body always improves and boosts your confidence. It also helps to feel you more energetic that directly improves your sex life.